Monday, June 11, 2012

Seen in the foothills (Part I): Tea Party linked to rurality

When I spend week-ends in the Sierra foothills east of my home in Sacramento, I often see things I think worthy of short posts--or just visuals that seem emblematic of rural living.  I feel inclined to share these, so I am starting this new series "Seen in the foothills."  This past week-end, I saw this sign at three or four locations around Amador and El Dorado counties.  I am not entirely surprised to see the Tea Party linked to "Rural America" and its defense, but I half wish I could attend the event in order to see if this linkage gets fleshed out--and if so, what the details of that linkage are.  Prior posts hereherehere, and here discuss the "rural-ness" or lack thereof of El Dorado, Amador and neighboring Calaveras counties.

Under the Office of Management and Budget definition, Amador County is nonmetropolitan, but El Dorado County is metropolitan.  El Dorado County is part of the greater Sacramento Metropolitan area, but Amador County is not.  Sutter Creek, the site of the event, is in Amador County.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com